Thursday, September 8, 2011

A letter from the birthday girl

What a gorgeous week we are having!!! This is my favorite time of year!!! And no, it's not just because it's my birthday (which I celebrate all month long!), but that does help....The traffic has slowed at the resort which gives me time to catch up on work and conversations with owners and renters; the weather is just perfect (high 70's to mid 80's with a coastal breeze and no humidity) and it's football season (need I say more?!). I feel the need to put on a pot of chili and embrace the relaxed tone on the beach these days. I will say, my chili recipe deserves a blog post all on its own as people down here have never seen anyone put noodles in it (my Louisville, Ky friends and family need to back me up on this!).




I want to share these gorgeous pictures from yesterday. The 1st are from the Webb's, who took some guests by boat to see the Blue Angels practice (which you really should put on your to-do list if you are ever in the area!). Then later in the day they joined friends for an anniversary celebration. There were 2 Linda's, 2 Donna's & 2 Jim's!! And if that isn't ironic enough, all 3 couples celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary within 3 weeks of each other...Can you imagine all of the great stories that were shared over dinner and wine last night?




I guess the dolphins had received word that it was my birthday. I hadn't seen them in a few weeks and then yesterday before I left work 4 of them popped up right outside my office window-as if on cue. This isn't the best picture in the world but if you've ever tried to photograph dolphins you understand how tricky it is!! They are fast and you can never predict where they are heading. By the way, this picture is from my seat at my desk - I put the office window up and grabbed a few quick shots as they passed by!!!



Well, it's time for me to get busy. I hope you all enjoy your day today as much as I'm enjoying mine!!!


-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment