Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gulf Coast Therapy


It has taken way too long for Donna & I to restart our regular morning beach walks on the amazing white powdered sugar sand beaches that run for miles here in beautiful Orange Beach.  There is no more uplifting and relaxing way to get your morning exercise than a beach walk.  It was 74 degrees and partly cloudy when we hit the beach at 6:20 AM and 78 degrees an hour later.  There was the usual gentle gulf breeze as we walked along with the warm water lapping at our feet.  A half a dozen dolphins glided lazily by only 50’ off shore.  There were only a few other friendly people walking the beach as well as a few hopeful souls surf casting.  We watched the boats head out for their day of fishing adventures and watched the sun work its way through the morning clouds to escape into the brilliant blue sky above. 

I guess I wouldn’t call myself a ‘beach person’.  I am not someone who can enjoy just sitting in a chair on the beach all day; but what a special way to start any day! Now I am ready for another great day here Heritage Motor Coach Resort & Marina!  As I always say…if you can’t relax here…you can’t relax!

Jim Howard, Resort Director

No comments:

Post a Comment